Click State Agency for more information:
Department of Labor (DOL)
Under Article 8 and Article 9 of the NYS Labor Law, a contractor, sub-contractor and/or its successor shall be debarred and ineligible to submit a bid on or be awarded any public work or public building service contract/sub-contract with the state, any municipal corporation or public body for a period of five (5) years from the date of debarment when:
• Two (2) final determinations have been rendered within any consecutive six-year (6) period determining that such contractor, sub-contractor and/or its successor has WILLFULLY failed to pay the prevailing wage and/or supplements
• One (1) final determination involves falsification of payroll records or the kickback of wages and/or supplements
The debarment determination can be ordered by the NYS Attorney General (AG), Local District Attorney (DA), NYS Department of Labor (DOL), or New York Comptroller (NYC), and is listed as the "Fiscal Officer" on the result of a DOL debarment search.
Workers Compensation Board (WCB)
Where WCB is listed as the "Agency" on the result of a debarment search, WCB has ordered the debarment of that individual or entity. If you have any questions, please contact the Workers' Compensation Board at 866-546-9322.
Under section 141-b of the Workers' Compensation Law, any person (or entity substantially owned by that person):
• subject to a final assessment of civil fines or penalties,
• subject to a stop-work order, or
• convicted of a misdemeanor for violation of Workers' Compensation laws Section 52 or 131,
is barred from bidding on, or being awarded, any public work contract or subcontract with the State, any municipal corporation or public body for one year for each WCB violation. The ban is for five years for each felony conviction.
Under Workers' Compensation Law § 141-b, for the purposes of Suspension and debarment, the term 'public work'
applies to projects covered by Article 8 or Article 9 of the Labor Law.
Employer DBA Name:
Only DOL Search
Only WCB Search
WCB Employer Number:
For inquiries where WCB is listed as the "Agency" please call 1(866) 546-9322.